Projects and Programs DVFP Supports
Delaware Valley Fairness Project assists teachers and schools by providing resources for projects that stimulate creativity, broaden skills, foster social-emotional and character development, or make for innovative learning experiences. Those focused on financial literacy, health and wellness, care for the planet, or libraries and literacy are of particular interest. Teachers and staff in any pre-K – 12 school in southeastern Pennsylvania or southern New Jersey are eligible to apply. Priority is given to projects, programs and activities benefiting disadvantaged youth.
Applications may be submitted each fall term between September 1 and Thanksgiving, and each spring term between January 15 and April 30. Decisions on applications are made once per month. Preference is given to applicants who have not received an award during the current school-year.
- Applications for a classroom project should not exceed $500.
- Applications for a program or activity outside the classroom may exceed $500, but will only be funded in an amount greater than $500 in exceptional cases.
- Applicants must provide line-item (item by item) cost data noting the source of the cost.
- Applicants should not request supplies or funding for projects that do not meet one of the criteria stated in the paragraph above.
- Documentation of the use of the supplies or funds are required within 30 days of use.
- We retain the right to recover all supplies or funds not used for the purposes stated in the application.
- All non-consumable products will be the property of the school.
- Applicant gives us permission to use applicant’s name and photo, the name of the school, the type or amount of assistance provided and the use made of these supplies or funds on its website and in promotional materials.